Sunday, May 1, 2011

So much has happened in the past few days, I don't even know where to begin. I wish I could update more often, but spotty internet on a borrowed laptop coupled with very little time makes it difficult. New Haven was really nice. We bumped into Paul Giamatti outside our show, met some great people, and stayed with new friends Kyle and Karen, who had some really awesome cats. And we got to get breakfast with Mallory on our way out of town.
We headed to NYC that morning and it was hard to process. NYC is one of my favorite cities, but spending 24 hours there is kind of like someone trying to tell you the entire plot of a movie in one sentence. The show kinda sucked but we got a lot of free beer and got to party with a bunch of friends in the city.
After a great show in Long Island the following day we drove halfway through the night to some town in upstate New York, slept a few hours, and then crossed up into Canada with no problems. The second we crossed the border i was ecstatic. Driving into Montreal in early evening was magical and I fell in love with the city once again. Canada has treated us very very well thus far. Its strange to be so close to the US border, yet things are much different here. People are nice, towns are clean. I have been in Canada for two whole days and I can count the amount of cops I have seen on one hand. The people of Montreal filled us with free drinks and confidence and we drove through the night across Canada and I thought about all the people who have said wonderful things to us, the kids we've met who drove 4+ hours to see us, and all the great new friends we have met and I feel like I am doing what I should be. I couldn't have asked for a better tour and I feel as though I could do this for years.
Tonight we play Toronto, our last show with our new friends. Then we are back on our own, with three more shows till home. Back to work, idle boredom, and a dull routine. Until then, FTWWWWW

No comments:

Post a Comment